Marinette County, Wisconsin was established on February 27, 1879. The county was formed from territory that was formerly part of Oconto County. Known as the Waterfall Capital of Wisconsin, Marinette County has more than 10 waterfalls nestled among the beautiful backdrops of endless forests. Marinette County is ideally located in Northeast Wisconsin on the shores of Green Bay bordering the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. State and County parks provide restful, scenic surroundings to spend leisure time. Endless trails provide recreation for adventurers who desire to ATV, snowmobile, hike, bike and cross-country ski.
Over 230,000 acres of county forest land are available for hunting and exploring wildlife. Exceptional inland waters include acres of lakes and miles of trout streams for the canoe, kayak and fishing enthusiasts. With its extensive recreational facilities and vacation advantages, Marinette County is truly an outdoor paradise!
The Peshtigo River, which both rages and tamely flows through Marinette County, provides outdoor enthusiasts with many activities, including fantastic fishing and boating, the adventures of some of the Midwest’s wildest whitewaters, and a chance to get a close look at wildlife.
The hunting in Marinette County can be considered the best around with more deer per acre than anywhere else in Wisconsin. But not only does Marinette County provide its residents and visitors with exquisite countryside…Marinette County also has strong communities that keep it industrially competitive.
The City of Marinette boasts its strong retail and industrial base due to its direct access to the Great Lakes. And this wonderful location also makes Marinette a beautiful waterfront town.
Each town is unique and colorful and integrates history, arts, shopping and dining, local events, and an appreciation for nature. Come and visit Marinette County…you may just want to stay!
Things to do in Marinette County, Wisconsin
- Crivitz Business Association ~ www.crivitz.com
- Crivitz Recreation Association ~ www.crivitzrecreation.com ~ 1-844-CRIVITZ ~ Call for trail conditions (ATV, snow mobile, XX skiing), fishing information, & area recreation news.
- Marinette County ~ www.therealnorth.com
- Marinette County Board of Realtors ~ www.marinettecountybor.com
- Marinette County Government Website ~ http://www.marinettecounty.com
- Marinette County Maps ~ ATV, Recreation, Bicycle, Snowmobile, Peshtigo River
- Porterfield Country Music Fest ~ http://www.countrymusicfestival.com/
- Crivitz, Wisconson ~ http://www.crivitz.com/
- School District in Crivitz ~ http://www.crivitz.k12.wi.us/
- Join North Country Real Estate on Facebook
- Village of Crivitz, Wisconsin ~ http://www.villageofcrivitz.com/
- Popp’s Resort – http://www.poppsresort.com/ ~ Popp’s Resort is located in Northeastern Wisconsin, Marinette County on the wild shores of High Falls Flowage. High Falls Flowage is one of a series of lakes formed by the Peshtigo River 12 miles north west of Crivitz. The waters are surrounded by almost 10,000 acres of wild lands that are open to the public and are yours to explore.
- High Falls Reservoir Boat Landings ~ Marinette County, Wisconsin
- Caldron Falls Bar & Grill ~ http://caldronfallsbarandgrill.com/ ~ At the Caldron Falls Bar and Grill, we are world famous for our Hog Wrestling competition, now in the 30th year. Caldron Falls Bar and Grill is located between High Falls and Caldron Falls Flowage in Northeast Wisconsin. We are about 10 minutes northwest of Crivitz, Wisconsin in the heart of the new 9,600 acre Peshtigo River State Forest.
- Caldron Falls Reservoir ~ Marinette County, Wisconsin
Whitewater Rafting in Marinette County, Wisconsin ~ Outfitters
- Kosir’s Rapid Rafts – Silver Cliff ~ http://www.kosirs.com/
W14073 Hwy C – Silver Cliff, WI 54104 – 715-757-3431
Rafting our 34th Year on the Peshtigo & Menominee Rivers – Camping, Inner-Tube & Kayak Rentals
- Thornton’s Rafting Resort & Campgrounds – http://www.thorntonsresort.com/
W12882 Parkway Rd – Athelstane, WI 54104 – 2 miles south of Cty C – 715-757-3311Daily raft trips April – September, Camping, cottages, showers, bar, food, Live music weekends, New Paintball Field, Open year-round – On the Iron Snowshoe Trails
- Wildman Whitewater Ranch – Silver Cliff ~ http://www.wildmanranch.com/
N12080 Allison Lane – Silver Cliff, WI 54104 – 715-757-2938
Whitewater rafting, Alpine Ropes Course, Deluxe cabin facilities, Ultra-modern shower facility, Campsites on the banks of the Peshtigo River
Marinette County, Wisconsin Snowmobile & ATV Trails & Clubs
- Dun-Good Riders (Dunbar/Goodman area in Marinette County)
P.O. Box 246
Goodman, WI 54125
- Pemenee River Riders (Pembine/Niagara area in Marinette County)
N18414 Woodland Rd.
Dunbar, WI 54119
- Near North Trail Riders (Athelstane area in Marinette County)
P.O. Box 3
Athelstane, WI 54104
- Iron Snowshoe (Crivitz/High Falls & Caldron Falls Flowages/Thunder Mountain/Twin Bridges/ Silver Cliff areas in Marinette County)
P.O. Box 551
Crivitz, WI 54114
- Woodland Trails (Butler Rock area in Marinette County)
P.O. Box 42
Crivitz, WI 54114
- North East Wisconsin (NEW) Riders (Coleman/Pound area in Marinette County)
321 Rosemont Street
Coleman, WI 54112
- Wisconsin ATV Association at http://www.watva.org/ ~ dedicated to improving the ATV & UTV sport for the state of Wisconsin.
Marinette County, Wisconsin Fishing ~ Marinette County has more miles of native trout streams than anywhere else in Wisconsin!
Fishing in Marinette County can only be described as exceptional! Besides a large variety in the type of fish you will find, you will also find numerous options in the type of water you can choose to fish.
Marinette County waters sport a diverse fish population, offering something for every angler. Muskie, northern pike, walleye, bass, perch, bluegill, crappie, sturgeon, salmon and trout are found in Marinette County waters.
With over 614 miles of trout streams and rivers(the largest being the Menominee, Peshtigo, and Pike Rivers), two large flowages(High Falls & Caldron Falls) on the Peshtigo River, Lake Noquebay, and waters of Green Bay along with hundreds of inland lakes, you will never be without an area to relax & cast your line.
- Lake Noquebay, Marinette County, Wisconsin Fishing Report
- Menominee River, Marinette County, Wisconsin Fishing Report
- Trout fishing in Wisconsin Marinette County ~ Classified trout streams
- Wisconsin Lakes ~ Caldron Falls Reservoir, High Falls Reservoir, Lake Noquebay, Gilas Lake, Hilbert Lake, Lake Montana